Keep a Wellness Journal
KEEP A WELLNESS JOURNAL
GET PSYCHED UP: LESSON 3: Part 2
Obviously, there are lots of benefits to participating in sport – physically and mentally.
But there can also be negative parts of sports:
Losing games can be disappointing
not getting along with a coach or teammate can be really hard on self esteem and make you feel sad or anxious
you will have disagreements with teammates & your competition this can make you feel angry & frustrated
injuries can be difficult to deal with. you may feel angry and upset about being injured of missing out
when you don’t get selected to play you may feel angry, upset or even jealous of your team
you may have a fear about competing which over time can lead to a lot of stress if you don’t deal with It
Listen to Paul DIscuss hIS own disappointments:
create your own wellness journal:
What else should you record in your wellness journal?
- Thoughts and feelings on who you have encountered or worked with that day
- Things that happened that made you happy
- Things that you are grateful and thankful for
- People in your life that you are thankful for
- List the reasons that you love playing soccer
- List something about yourself that you like – that isn’t related to soccer!
Your Kit bag | Tool no: 2
Are you ready to add another tool to your kitbag? Click the button below to download your wellness journal and get started on your mental wellness journey!